Volunteers are the backbone of our democracy. Virginia has elections every year, and each year the Dulles Democrats organize precincts, help make sure voters know who is on the ballot, where to vote, and how to vote absentee.
What roles are there for someone like me?
- Attend and participate in Dulles Dems meetings (held on the second Thursday of each month at 7 p.m. at the Gum Spring Library).
- Promote Democratic candidates and events through social media.
- Support candidates financially, if you’re able.
- Recruit other people to get involved with the Dulles Dems.
- Contact your local, state and federal elected officials about issues that matter to you.
- Attend “meet and greets” and other candidate events.
- Host a “meet and greet” at your home to introduce a candidate to your neighbors.
- Walk with us in the Star Spangled South Riding parade.
- Volunteer to hand out candidate literature at Back to School Night events in our district.
- Make phone calls in support of a candidate.
- Write postcards to remind people to vote and let them know about our Democratic candidates.
- Help staff a Dulles Dems booth at a community event.
- Grab a friend and work together to canvass a neighborhood – we focus on known Democrats and new voters.
- Canvass for “Get Out the Vote” efforts just before an election.
- Work at a polling place on election day for primaries and general elections, handing out sample ballots and talking with voters.
- Serve as a precinct captain to organize the volunteers on election day (don’t worry, we’ll help you!).
- And much more!
Interested in volunteering or finding out more about the Dulles Dems? Email us at Dulles@LoudounDemocrats.org!